We got to the center of town, Black Mountain, which is close to Montreat and reminds me of Ellicott City near home. We wandered up and down the streets, poking around in the stores. Pottery abounds, however I found a store that makes hammered dulcimers and bow psaltries and had many recordings of artists that play these instruments. I am now restocked with great dulcimer music!
The next stop on the pottery cavalcade was Asheville, another place that has an abundance of artsy pottery shops. We had intentionally not eaten because we wanted to go to a restaurant called "Laughing Seed Cafe", a vegetarian restaurant. Eagerly anticipating a yummy meal, we went up to the door only to be greeted by a sign that read, "Closed Tuesdays" GRRR. We had to settle for a nice celtic themed bar called Jack of the Wood and pub food, which I am suffering for at this point... bleh... We wandered around a bit more and decided that we would take a short drive along the Blue Ridge Parkway.
Not sure where we will go tomorrow, depends on the weather...

No comments:
Post a Comment